Friday, October 17, 2008

My First Impressions (Hedda and George)

After reading the first act I felt like I had a good idea of the characters. I think Hedda is snobby but lovable. I thought this due to the enconter between her and Aunt Julie, and her and Thea as well. Hedda seems to be a bit controlling and definetely seems sly like she's working to keep people in places where she can play off of them. She definetely seems to be the kind of character with alterior motives. George on the other hand seems more laid back and easier to read. He throws all his cards on the table so you can see exactly whats going on in his mind. He seems very simple and you know exactly what he is into. You don't have to work hard to figure it out. I think it is a little weird they are a couple considering they don't seem to have much in common, but after analysising Hedda I'm sure theres some reason. Its just not obvious yet. Which is probably how Hedda wants it.

No comments: