Sunday, November 16, 2008

PEACE

One of the puns in the end of the play is peace. Peace is what the women want the men to want and peace is a YOUNG beautiful woman as well. This pun was very clever to me. I don't know what I really think about it to be honest. I know that the fact that they are refering to different places they want as body parts could be considered somewhat degrating but Im not sure if thats what the author was going for. Maybe it was just supposed to show how closely the women are related to peace? or to remind you how the play reached this end...through the women. I don't know what I originally thought was that it was just about showing what the men were really after which was just the woman and to show that maybe in the end they still really hadn't even reached the point of comprehension of WHY their should be peace besides the fact that without it they would not be able to have what they desired most.

1 comment:

mayayayaya said...

I can definitely relate to this post. Peace for me was also confusing because, although I understood her purpose for Lysistrata, I wasn't exactly sure how she contributed to any other themes. Talor has a post which better explained it to me though so maybe that might help a little!